- Take a little time to sit down and put together a clean eating plan, a little planning will go a long way. What kinds of foods do you like? What are some of your favourite quick and easy simple recipes? Look in your cupboards and put together a grocery list of what you need in your pantry and fridge that will give you delicious and healthy meals for the week.
- Pull out your calendar and create a meal plan. You may find that your breakfasts and maybe even lunches are fairly routine, these should be easy. Based on your pantry and grocery list pre-plan your meals so that when you get home after a long day you know exactly what you are going to cook and can get started right away. Ensure you have plenty of fresh groceries stocked up each week so you have no excuses to open that box of macaroni and cheese that has been sitting in the back of your cupboard.
- Create a kitchen “prep” day. I like Sundays. This is the day where you can plan your meals for the week. If you have some extra time you might even pre-cook some meals and either freeze them or save them for the next couple of nights. Wash fruit and veggies, chop veggies and put them into serving sizes so they are ready to go. You can clean, marinate and freeze your meat ahead of time (don’t forget to label the date something goes into the freezer). Get any healthy snacks ready for the week etc… you get the idea. It’s really your time to get organized to make your busy week as easy as possible.
- Use your crock pot. On your kitchen prep day, it’s easy to pre-prepare meals that you can throw into the crock pot. That way you can simply open a container, put everything into the crock pot then when you get home at the end of the day you have a healthy meal ready and waiting for you. How easy is that?
- Get your snacks and lunches ready the night before so you aren’t rushing when you are trying to get the out the door in the morning.
Dry fruits are the dried form of fruits you can buy in the market. They offer a lot of health benefits, such as better stamina. Therefore, experts often recommend eating dry fruits prior to doing exercise. Dry fruits are also sent as gifts on Diwali and many other festivals. Given below are some prominent health benefits of eating dry fruits.
Dry fruits have zero fat
These fruits don’t contain fat and are rich in calories. If you are trying to lose weight, you may want to eat dry fruits on a regular basis. Since they are heavy with fiber, you will feel full throughout the day.
As far as protein goes, nuts are on top of the list. The reason is that they are rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients and fiber. Moreover, they contain good fats that help you control your cholesterol level
If you or your loved ones want relief from migraine, eating cashews is a good idea. Actually, cashew nuts contain a lot of magnesium that helps you control your blood pressure, migraine headaches, fatigue and muscle spasms. Apart from this, magnesium works with calcium in order to make your bones and muscle stronger.
Brain and hair health
Dry fruits, such as almonds contain fatty acids, proteins and fibers. If you apply this mixture to your face, you can get rid of dirt and dead skin cells. Aside from this, for hair, you can use almond oil for adding shine and luster.
- Lemon Water. Drinking water with fresh lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper is my favourite de-bloating tonic. To add some extra de-bloating properties, adding some fresh ginger to your tonic would improve your efforts. Ginger is one of the best things you can use for this. Ginger eases nausea and has anti-spasmodic properties. Enjoying this tonic each morning is a great way to start your day and jumpstart your digestion. You could also be experiencing belly bloat due to indigestion or gastrointestinal distress. The cayenne pepper in your tonic stimulates digestion, eases gas, and can relieve pressure and cramping.
- Chew Your Food. A key cause of bloating is poor digestion, which can be a result of not chewing your food thoroughly. When you chew your food well, it assists your body in digesting the food you’re consuming more easily. Aim to chew each bite 15-20 times to allow your body to receive properly broken down food to make digestion easier on your body.
- Don’t Chug Water With Meals (if you have a sensitive stomach). There is a lot of conflicting information out there about drinking water right before you eat and that it’s beneficial. But drinking large amounts of water with a meal can dilute digestive juices and lead to indigestion and bloating. It’s ideal to have a drink about 20-30 minutes prior to eating to prepare the stomach and then stick with only small sips of water throughout the meal if needed. You may need to experiment with this one and see what works for you. You may find that drinking lots of water during a meal doesn’t affect you, so continue to search for another possible culprit for the bloating.
- Include Bitter Foods. Adding more bitter foods to your diet will help stimulate bile and enzyme flow to aid in the break down of food and the absorption of nutrients. Some great bitter foods to add are: mustard greens, arugula, dandelion greens, collard greens, kale, nettles and watercress.
- Reduce Stress. When we are stressed we are in the fight or flight mode as it’s called. This mode has no time for digestion and reduces our ability to digest food properly which can lead to indigestion and bloating. Make sure you are sitting and relaxed while eating and not rushing.
What’s on your plate is always of top priority when it comes to healthy digestion. Eating fresh, whole foods helps your body run optimally and keeps the digestive system running as it should. Bloating is something we can’t eradicate entirely, but using healthy habits on a daily basis will help you combat bloating and feel more healthy overall. In addition to your food choices and eating habits, exercising on a regular basis helps maintain a healthy digestive system that reduces bloating.
- Ensure Proper Growth Of Unborn Baby: Almonds are the powerhouse of vitamins and minerals that are a must for the proper development of the unborn child. These are high in protein and are rich in iron also considered as the brain food, thus, have the ability to take care of the growth of your child.
- Improve Your Digestion: Almonds are rich in fiber and therefore highly recommended for the expecting women with constipation issues. The fiber presence in it helps to improve your digestive system and take care of your baby inside the womb.
- Keep Your Heart Healthy: These nuts are packed with a number of nutrients that not only help in the proper growth of your baby but also take care of your heart. Eating them in limited quantity reduces the risk of many heart diseases, thus, you should add them to your regular diet.
- Improve Blood Circulation: During pregnancy, it is important to improve the blood circulation so that more and more oxygen and nutrients can reach the baby inside the womb and help in its proper growth.
- Great Source Of Energy: Undoubtedly, during the pregnancy, the energy needs of a would be mother is increasing and almonds are the only nuts that fulfill this need in no time. They are proven to provide health benefits to the mother and baby as well.
In short, if you are not allergic to almonds or your gynecologist hasn’t advised you to avoid them, they are healthy for you and adding them to regular diet is a must. To keep their benefits, it is important to buy the right quality; therefore, it is highly recommended to always consult a reputed brand that serves you the quality food item at the most reasonable price.
In case you’ve been eating a diet high in sugars, then you will soon sense a lot of benefits from the adoption of a diet consisting of foods that reduce inflammation. The following types of foods will help you in this regard: Fruits Nuts Leafy green vegetables Fatty fish Fresh herbs and spices.
You may attain tremendous anti-inflammatory advantages from cutting out fried foods, sodas, processed carbohydrates and processed meats and incorporating these healthy foods into your daily diet. The fat in fish and nuts is a healthy form which also can help nourish your mind. Fruits and greens feature lots of essential minerals and vitamins that help keep you healthy in general while also fighting inflammation especially. When coupled with taking spices and herbs, which are full of antioxidants, you provide your body exactly what it requires to feel relief from the aches, aches, lack of energy and other indicators of a poor diet.
Adjusting your diet is among the most difficult prospects for many people. Most of us hear about creating New Year’s resolutions which are left a couple of weeks after and fitness center memberships of those trying to enhance their health through exercise heading unused after a couple of trips. You want to do anything is required to make this change occur on your own.
Educate yourself on nourishment on the internet and through publications and eBooks, and also combine forums on health-related sites and programs to get in touch with like-minded folks that will assist you to persevere. Should you will need a gym trainer to keep you on course, then that might be the wisest investment you ever make. The anti-inflammatory added benefits of a nutritious diet will provide you the energy and health to handle your daily life with a vigor which you might not have the ability to envision at the moment. When you’ve got this power to be living the life you always wanted, you will not ever need to return to the way you was.
Less calories are better
- Just because there are less calories in a particular food, does not mean that it is necessarily better for you or your diet. Often, less nutritious foods will have less calories, but will also have less nutrients.
- Low calorie foods can also leave you feeling hungry and empty. This will ultimately lead you to having more cravings for unhealthy foods.
Zero calorie drinks are good for dieting
- Just because a drink does not contain any calories, does not mean that it will not have any effect on your body. Often, zero calorie drinks will contain carbohydrates, which are processed by your body and, if not used, stored as fat.
- When a flavored beverage has zero calories, it most likely has artificial colors, flavors and preservatives that can be worse for you than consuming a full-calorie drink. Your body cannot process most artificial sweeteners and they are stored as the dangerous fat around your vital organs.
A calorie is a calorie
- Not all calories are created equal. Calories can come from carbohydrates, fats or proteins and each of these nutrient groups are processed differently by the body.
- For example, consuming 100 calories in sugar (simple carbohydrate) will have extremely different outcomes to consuming 100 calories in chicken (protein).
Potassium helps in maintaining fluid balance in the body and helps in keeping the major organs healthy. In fact, it is extremely essential for avoiding a number of chronic health issues, related to heart, brain, and nerves. Having the mineral in your diet is extremely crucial, especially because it aids in lowering blood pressure, which is an enormous risk for heart disease. Potassium and sodium often work in different wants, as sodium promotes the retention of fluids, which can result in higher blood pressure. With enough potassium in the diet, you can reverse the effects. It is also known to be beneficial for bone health and can protect your body from bone loss. It is also helpful in reducing the risk of kidney stones.
Experts advise around 4,700 milligrams of potassium each day for grown adults. However, if you check the figures, the amount taken by men and women are much lower. According to WebMD, men in the US get around 3,200 milligrams of dietary potassium per day, while women get around 2,400 milligrams on an average. The deficiency is mostly related to junk food habits. Most people don’t eat enough of fruits and veggies each day, which are the primary sources of dietary potassium.
Unlike other supplements, you should get your potassium from the diet. Potassium can found in many foods that are high in other minerals and nutrients. Some of the highest sources of potassium include winter squash, sweet potato, potato, yogurt, fruit juices, broccoli, and banana. If you are a non-vegetarian, you can get pork tenderloin and chicken breast too. Lentils, milk and dairy products also have a good amount of potassium. Besides food, you can also get potassium from vitamin enhanced water and other beverages with better pH. You might want to replace your regular drinking water with high-quality alkaline water.
Please note that certain drugs that are used for lowering blood pressure can increase the levels of potassium in the body. If you have issues with your kidney function, your doctor might advise on reducing the intake of potassium. For those who take medications should talk to their individual physician as for how the drugs and medicines can impact the potassium levels of the body. Don’t shy away from asking questions, especially if you are unsure of the actual amount of mineral you need. Also, if you have a potassium deficiency, talk to your doctor about supplements!
Turmeric powder is made by dry grinding of mature turmeric rhizomes or underground stems. Turmeric has been used for colouring and flavouring food, for cosmetic purposes and medicinal properties, since ancient times in India. It has long been used by the Chinese in medical treatments and is widely used in Asian kitchens.
Almost all Asian cuisines use this spice which has almost no calories and zero cholesterol. It may be the most effective 100% naturally occurring nutritional supplement in existence.
The extensive health benefits of turmeric come mainly from its ingredient, “curcumin”. This component of turmeric is highly therapeutic and is useful for its immunity boosting and antioxidant properties.
- Prevent and Treat Cancer
Uncontrolled growth of cells characterizes cancer. Research has shown that curcumin in turmeric inhibits cancer growth, development and spread at the molecular level. Studies have shown that it can reduce angiogenesis i.e. growth of new blood vessels in tumours, metastasis i.e. spread of cancer, as well as contribute to the death of cancerous cells. Some studies have pointed out that it may even prevent cancer from initially occurring, especially cancers of the digestive system.
- Prevent and Treat Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is the most commonly occurring neurodegenerative disease and a leading cause of dementia. Regrettably, no treatment or cure is available for Alzheimer’s yet. Therefore, preventing its occurrence in the first place is of utmost importance. Inflammation and oxidative damage play a major role in Alzheimer’s disease, with a buildup of protein tangles called amyloid plaques. Improvement of overall memory in Alzheimer’s patients is caused due to effects of curcumin: decreased beta-amyloid plaques, delayed degradation of neurons, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant property. By crossing the blood-brain barrier it has been shown to lead to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Protects Against Certain Liver Diseases
The curcumin in turmeric protects against certain liver diseases by acting as an antioxidant and inhibits NF-kappaB activation thus producing pro-inflammatory cytokines. A study has revealed that curcumin is effective in preventing and reversing cirrhosis. This suggests that curcumin could be an effective anti-fibrotic and fibrinolytic in the treatment of chronic hepatic diseases. Turmeric is a natural way to detoxify your liver.
Legumes such as beans, peas and lentils contain proteins which takes longer to digest hence increasing the rate of metabolism. They are rich in fiber too, which helps in efficient digestion and absorption of nutrients into the body.
Nuts are suitable antioxidants and thus help in bringing down sugar and fat levels in the body. They are rich in energy which keeps the body fueled up without eating much, and this leads to weight loss.
These are good in bringing down the much-loathed belly fat by burning huge calories and at the same time maintaining high energy levels. Berries are also known to be useful in fighting diabetes.
Anybody can attest to the fact that fruits and especially citrus ones are fantastic for losing excessive weight. They are useful in digestion too and boosts the body metabolism to great lengths.
Fish is very rich in omega-3 which is essential in the body for increasing metabolism and burning calories which is a suitable weight management mechanism.
Spinach is one green vegetable known for its richness in iron which in turn boosts the amount of oxygen intake to body tissues through the blood.
Avocado is rich in omega-3 and contains essential fats that increase the rate of metabolism in the body and keeping the body weight in check by lowering excessive sugars.
The hemp plant was one of mankind’s first cultivated plants. As a society we could eliminate smog from current fuels, create a cleaner energy source that could replace nuclear power, remove radioactive waste from the soil, and eliminate smog from our skies in more industrialized areas. The hemp plant could assist in eliminating non-biodegradable plastics and cars by re-introducing Henry Ford’s 100 year old dream of building cars from hemp. These could be made from a plastic hemp that can with stand a blow 10 times as great as steel without denting. It would weigh thousands of pounds less than steel, and have better gas mileage. The car would be capable of running on a vegetable oil based all natural hemp fuel, and would have a completely biodegradable body.
Nationwide hemp production could eliminate deforestation by converting current paper to hemp paper. Hem paper can be recycled up to 8 times where as our current wood pulp is only recyclable up to 3 times. We could thrive from eating hemp seeds and feeding it to our animals and livestock.
Studies have shown that hemp’s biomass can be converted into energy and replace our current fossil fuels. Just by farming 6% of the United States farmland could this be achieved. Hemp grown in biomass could fuel a trillion dollar-per-year industry. This would create more jobs, clean our air and distribute wealth to our communities and away from centralized power monopolies. Hemp’s biomass can be converted into gasoline, methanol, and methane at a fraction of the current cost of oil, coal or nuclear energy. When burned in a diesel engine, bio-diesel replaces the exhaust odor of petroleum with a smell something akin to french-fries. Bio-diesel is 11% oxygen by weight and contains no sulfur. So instead of creating sulfur-based smog and acid rain as by-products, it produces 11% oxygen instead.
The hemp grown through government farming and regulation is called “Industrial Hemp” and contains no more than 0.03 percent THC content, maximum allowed. Canada, China and England are examples of countries who have never prohibited, but have responsibly grown, produced and thrived off of industrial hemp.
Despite industrial hemp having some 50,000 uses, the likes of the Duponts, Rockefellers, Hearsts, Mellons and their constituents cornered the industrial and medicinal market with political propaganda. All four of these very wealthy families worked together to aid in the criminalization of hemp for their own personal and financial gains.