Nutritional value of mustard
Mustard is very rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. No wonder then that mustard is called a magic spice. Let’s take a look at the nutritional value of mustard seeds in detail.
- Mustard seeds contain vitamins such as folates, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, Vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid which positively impact the nervous system function and body’s metabolism.
- Vitamin B-3 found in mustard helps in lowering blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Mustard seeds also boast of Vitamin-E which is a soluble antioxidant and is responsible for protecting the skin from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Mustard seeds are rich in flavonoid and carotenoid antioxidants.
- Small traces of vitamin antioxidants are also present in mustard.
- Various minerals such as Calcium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Selenium and Zinc are also found in mustard.
Health benefits of Mustard
- Provides relief from the respiratory issues: Mustard readily cures sinus issues.
- Cures migraine problem: