Here are a few plant-based foods that are excellent protein sources:
- Hemp Seeds. Hemp seeds contain 10 grams of protein per 2 tablespoons, and this comes with plenty of healthy fat to help the protein absorb. Hemp seeds also contain more fiber than their hulled version called hemp hearts. You can add hemp seeds to your smoothies, use it on top of a salad or oatmeal, add it to any dessert or you can even use it to make hemp seed milk.
- Lentils. One cup of cooked lentils contains 18 grams of protein, which can already be enough for an entire meal! You can eat lentils on its own, you can add it to salads, you can even turn it into vegetarian or vegan burgers.
- Quinoa. Per cup quinoa contains 8 grams of protein, which makes it perfect to add to your meals. Use it as a substitute for
Foxtail millets are available in the form of cereal, semolina or as flour. Foxtail millet is rich in smart carbohydrates and does not increase the blood sugar levels immediately after eating due to its rich dietary fibre.
Millets are not just the new fad for weight loss but have a wide range of health benefits that should be taken advantage of in today’s world. Millets, packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and organic compounds, can significantly boost human health in various ways.
- Millets against Type-2 Diabetes
Millets are a rich source of magnesium, a mineral which is extremely important for starch digestion. Research finds that magnesium-rich whole grain consumption can help lower the risk of type-2 diabetes. So having an energetic morning with a bowl of millets cooked in milk is beginning your day with the right nutrition.
- Millets against Heart Disease
The high fibre levels in millet are ideal for …