The lemongrass essential oil comes with a number of benefits to health.
- It supports and boosts healthy digestion
- It soothes muscles and tendons that are aching
- It purifies as well as tones the skin
- It relieves depression and that heavy feeling most people feel when they are emotionally or mentally disturbed
- It relaxes the nerves
The best thing about the lemongrass essential oil is that it can be used together with a number of other oils including lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary and geranium. Blending the oil with any other increases the benefits that you get and you can mix depending on the results that you are looking for.
Using lemongrass essential oil
Before using lemongrass essential oil, test on a small skin area to determine skin sensitivity and allergy. It is also very important to remember that excessive use of this oil can cause skin sensitization hence there is a need to use it mildly for best results. When applying it, keep it off the nose, ears and the eyes.
- For sore joints and muscle strains, combine equal amounts of the oil and coconut oil, then massage topically around the areas giving you issues. It will soothe the pains away.
- To promote healthy digestion, you can use it to flavor meat dishes and entrees.
- To achieve healthy and clean toenails, combine it with Melaleuca then apply to the nails. This can be done for several days for best results to be reaped.
- If you are looking for a way to keep insects at bay while outdoors, rub a little oil onto your skin. It works wonders in repelling the insects.
- If you are feeling desperate, anxious or having a feeling of unrest, you can inhale the oil, softly by placing a drop on your palm and rubbing the hands together before inhaling for at least 30 seconds. You will love how relaxed and calm the oil will make you feel.